Christmas Bourbon Sugar Plums
We had no idea that sugar plums weren’t actually just a sugared plum. We did some research and found out there are many different interpretations, so we decided to create one of our own. With the holiday season right around the corner, we were honed in on using our Christmas Bourbon to enhance the holiday flavor in these special Christmas Bourbon Sugar Plums!
You can’t have a Christmas treat without a little Christmas Bourbon. We combined some of our favorite dried fruits and soaked them in our Christmas Bourbon to really enhance the holiday flavor. Perfect for a snack while watching Christmas movies, or a perfect garnish for our, Visions of Plums, cocktail.
- Dried Fruit – You can use a mixture of your favorites. We used Sun-Maid Fruit Bites which includes raisins, golden raisins, dried apple. dried apricots, dried peaches, and cranberry.
- 1 oz Christmas Bourbon
- Optional: Almond silvers or Pecans
- Soak fruit and nut mixture in 1 oz of Christmas Bourbon.
- Once fully soaked, place the mixture in a food processor and pulse to make a chunky paste that will form a ball.
- Roll into small balls and roll in sugar. We used Silver Sanding sugar, but you can use whatever finishing sugar you would like.
- Put them in a container and refrigerate.